Zanimljivi članci, kolumne i eseji (nevezano za LGBT)

Sve što je vrijedno čitanja, gledanja i slušanja podijelite s nama ili pak iznesite svoje žestoke kritike istog.
slapa
i'm watching u
Spol/rod: žensko

Re: Zanimljivi članci, kolumne i eseji (nevezano za LGBT)

Post Postao/la slapa » 21 tra 2017 09:09

izmislili su novu najcrniju crnu boju. pomalo mi je scary za gledati...
There’s a New World’s Blackest Black

Like its predecessor, Vantablack’s younger sibling is really, really black. It's "flattens all 3D features to black" black. It sucks out an object’s perceived dimensions in favor of, well, black.
mi imamo sve što nam treba,
prostor od zemlje pa do neba...

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 22 lip 2017 10:37

This Common Butterfly Has an Extraordinary Sex Life

What
the
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
A female butterfly has no access to sulfuric acid. Instead, she chews her way into the spermatophore using an organ called the signum, which sits inside her bursa. It looks exactly like a pair of toothed jaws, with a hinge in the middle. “I like to tell people that we found the vagina dentata, but it’s in butterflies,” says Morehouse. When a female takes up a spermatophore, her bursa clenches and contracts, and the signum flexes around its hinge. It takes between 24 and 36 hours of constant chewing to break into the spermatophore.
:faint:
Ye ever wanty just wrap yersel up in tin foil nice and cosy and then just fucking get right inty the microwave and blow yersel up tae fuck

Moloko
Ja sam: ne želim se identificirati

Post Postao/la Moloko » 26 lip 2017 09:40

Nije esej ali je po meni dosta važan članak(pogotovo za one koji razmišljaju o kupnji stana):

http://www.poslovni.hr/trzista/od-1-kol ... ge+statusi
"Koliko me je tko tražio, toliko me je i otkrio. Koliko me otkrio, toliko me je zaslužio. I dajem sve, tek kad ima tko da sve i ponese."

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 27 lip 2017 12:29

When Your Child Is a Psychopath
In particular, experts point to the amygdala—a part of the limbic system—as a physiological culprit for coldhearted or violent behavior. Someone with an undersize or underactive amygdala may not be able to feel empathy or refrain from violence. For example, many psychopathic adults and callous children do not recognize fear or distress in other people’s faces. Essi Viding, a professor of developmental psychopathology at University College London recalls showing one psychopathic prisoner a series of faces with different expressions. When the prisoner came to a fearful face, he said, “I don’t know what you call this emotion, but it’s what people look like just before you stab them.”
Ovaj zadnji dio tho. :lol: :faint: :brainless:
Ye ever wanty just wrap yersel up in tin foil nice and cosy and then just fucking get right inty the microwave and blow yersel up tae fuck

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 06 srp 2017 23:20

The Farm Belt führer: the making of a neo-Nazi
But Lauck wasn’t completely out of the game. In 2000, just a year after his return, he launched a web-hosting platform called Zensurfrei.com, meaning “censorship free”.

Aimed primarily at European hate groups, the website boasts: “We … believe there is no such thing as ‘hate speech,’ only free speech that is hated by the established authorities. Zensurfrei.com is the first fully managed and secure web hosting provider for those denied access to mainstream hosting due to ‘offensive’ content.”
Sounds familiar. :lol:
I questioned him throughout the tour about White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who was once called a “white supremacist” by Nancy Pelosi. He considers him “watered down” compared to the “Hitler youth and Wehrmacht” he once knew in Germany; about Donald Trump, whom he calls a transitional figure on the path toward revolution, comparable to “Kerensky in Russia”, admitting “the fact that he could be elected on the message he presented … is extremely significant”.
<3

Aaaaaand then this little gem:
I also asked him about the sharp rise in antisemitic crimes in 2017. “The Jews claim that, but a lot of times Jews commit the crimes themselves and fake it to get sympathy,” he says.
Sounds like a lot of feminists, eh? Eh? :lol: Ah.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 30 srp 2017 15:10

Why Corrupt Bankers Avoid Jail
But the notion of prosecuting a corporation raises a number of tricky questions. A company, as an eighteenth-century British jurist once remarked, has “no soul to be damned, and no body to be kicked.” Corporations can own property, sue people and be sued, even assert First Amendment rights. But you can’t put a corporation in jail. So you impose a fine. The trouble is that the employees responsible don’t pay the fine: if the company is publicly traded, the shareholders do. These individuals may have benefitted from the felonious conduct if it inflated the value of their stock, but they are innocent of any crime.

The very conception of the modern corporation is that it limits individual liability.
Arthur Andersen executives, desperate to cover their tracks, deleted tens of thousands of e-mails and shredded documents by the ton. In 2002, Arthur Andersen was convicted of obstruction of justice, and lost its accounting license. The corporation, which had tens of thousands of employees, was effectively put out of business.

Eisinger describes the demise of Arthur Andersen as a turning point. Many lawyers, particularly in the well-financed realm of white-collar criminal defense, regarded the case as a flagrant instance of government overreach: the problem with convicting a company was that it could have “collateral consequences” that would be borne by employees, shareholders, and other innocent parties. “The Andersen case ushered in an era of prosecutorial timidity,” Eisinger writes. “Andersen had to die so that all other big corporations might live.”
In 2013, Eric Holder, then the Attorney General, acknowledged that decades of deregulation and mergers had left the U.S. economy heavily consolidated. It was therefore “difficult to prosecute” the major banks, because indictments could “have a negative impact on the national economy, perhaps even the world economy.”
So basically ljudi koji gorljivo zagovaraju sistem baziran na slobodi i individualnoj odgovornosti nisu baš za individualnu odgovornost kad se radi o njima. Vrhovi korporacija su strukturirani tako da svi rade sve i nitko ništa. Dijeljenje odgovornosti na način da se ne može nekoliko osoba jasno legalno optužit za nedjelo, i onda kad optuže cijelu korporaciju kao pravnu osobu, ovi se žale da je to okrutno i nepošteno prema 10 tisuća nevinih zaposlenika. Boli njih kurac za zaposlenike.

- Zašto bi trideset tisuća ljudi moralo platit za ponašanje nekoliko osoba?
- A koje su te osobe, pray tell, i što su točno napravili?
- *crickets*

Da ne govorim o tome da je silna deregulacija koja je krenula od Reagana, dabogda gorio u paklu, uopće dopustila takav free reign korporacijama da se mogu tako strukturirat i napuhat do te mjere da imaju desetke tisuća zaposlenika i pipke u svemu. Jer sloboda. I individualna odgovornost, I guess. It turns out da je socijalizam i solidarnost rezervirana za najbogatije, a siromašni su siromašni jer se ne trude dovoljno nego traže milostinju od uspješnih, i therefore moralno su i karakterno inferiorni. Ideology is a helluva drug.

Ako još jednom negdje vidim neku priču o junaku koji je ribao WC-e, prodavao spermu, spavao na podu sa žoharima i jeo nešto šta bi golim rukama ubio u obližnjoj šumi da bi završio Harvard, bacit ću se u kanal neki. Nitko ne skida usta s njegovog penisa dovoljno dugo da se pita jel to uopće moralno i humano, da to itko mora radit da bi završio jebeni faks. Nego mu još pišu hvalospjeve i nabijaju komplekse ljudima koji bi možda ipak htjeli dostojanstven život, a da ne moraju prodat bubreg. NEMAŠ ZA KNJIGE, A HODAŠ OKOLO SA CIJELOM JETROM PIZDA TI MATERINA LIJENA :lol:

Fuck those people hard, with a rusty fork.

talented miss cohen
כהן גדול

Post Postao/la talented miss cohen » 22 kol 2017 11:38

Is Good Sex a Human Right?

“The question at issue here is not considerations of age or sex as such, but rather the assumption that sexuality is not as important for a 50-year-old woman and mother of two children as for someone of a younger age.”
Stars and stars and stars keep it to themselves.

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 07 ruj 2017 14:07

The evolution of trust od Nicky Case-a, koji već godinama pravi zabavne stvari. Brijem da mi je ovo najdraža do sad, tho. Preporučam s velikim P.
I have no money and I have to scream.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 07 ruj 2017 19:44

^ Mene je ovo izdeprimiralo. :lol: Riješila (?) sam to do kraja i nekak se od svih tih premisa osjećam prljavo. Smeta mi uopće ta ideja da su međuljudski odnosi ovakve transakcijske naravi, djeluje mi strašno cinično. Ko i ideja da se sve može objasnit/riješit matematikom. Plus što pretpostavlja fiksne kategorije osoba. Il bilo čega. I to da je život igra u kojoj postoji pobjednik? All in all, neugodno mi je dosta. :lol: To be fair, mislim da piše na kraju da ima puno faktora koje nisu uključili u igru, il nešto? IDK bila sam blago iznervirana, nisam uspjela zapamtit sve. :lol: Just woke up from a nap kad sam išla uključit to, nisam sigurna da mi je to najbolja ideja koju sam ikad imala i u biti ne znam točno šta želim reć al glavno da sam ja to rekla (?) :lol:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 07 ruj 2017 22:16

Where Have All the Sexy Movies Gone?
Yet we fear the reality of sex at every turn.

It all goes back to that conflict between repression and urge, and the ways we fear our children will act on those same urges we have inside ourselves. Instead of accounting for this complicated reality and helping people into it, we challenge reality itself. We refrain from sexual education and teach abstinence. We try to burn all the spinning wheels in the land. It doesn’t matter that there are spinning wheels coming out of every nook and cranny. We can yell at people who point it out. Even when we acknowledge this hypocrisy exists, we still don’t do anything about it. Doing something about means engaging with hypocrisy and sex in a real way. Doing something means talking about our own understanding of sexuality (or lack thereof). Doing something means daring to be awkward.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 04 lis 2017 19:37

Thoughts and Prayers
This is the horror of mass shootings. Not just death that comes from nowhere, intruding upon the status quo—but a death that doesn’t change that status quo, that continues to sail on unchanged by it. You may be a toddler in a preschool in one of the richest zip codes in the country; a congressman playing baseball in Alexandria, Virginia; a white-collar office worker in a business park; a college student or professor on some leafy campus; a doctor making your rounds in a ward in the Bronx; a country music fan enjoying a concert in a city built as a mecca for relaxation and pleasure: the bullet that comes for you will not discriminate. It knows no racial bias, imposes no political litmus test, checks no credit score, heeds no common wisdom of whose life should or shouldn’t matter. It will pierce your skin, perforate your organs, shatter your bones, and blow apart the gray matter inside your skull faster than your brain tissue can tear. And then, after the token thoughts and prayers, nothing. No revolutionary legislation or sudden sea change in cultural attitudes will mark your passing. The bloody cruelty of your murder will be matched only by the sanguine absence of any substantive national response. Our democracy is riven by inequality in so many ways, but in this domain, and perhaps in this domain alone, all American lives are treated as equally disposable.

talented miss cohen
כהן גדול

Post Postao/la talented miss cohen » 10 lis 2017 09:55

Croatia Is Brazenly Attempting to Rewrite its Holocaust Crimes Out of History
An alarming and expanding wave of revisionism in Eastern Europe.

talented miss cohen
כהן גדול

Post Postao/la talented miss cohen » 12 lis 2017 08:14

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 12 lis 2017 08:21

^
is it even possible to live such a life?
mi imamo sve što nam treba,
prostor od zemlje pa do neba...

talented miss cohen
כהן גדול

Post Postao/la talented miss cohen » 12 lis 2017 08:31

^ surely not, but what we could do is debate endlessly on the subject and call it a life. : ) )
it's a good read ;)

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 15 lip 2018 01:30

Da nadoknadim:

How American Racism Influenced Hitler

Hitler and Goebbels were the first relativizers of the Holocaust, the first purveyors of false equivalence. “Concentration camps were not invented in Germany,” Hitler said in 1941. “It is the English who are their inventors, using this institution to gradually break the backs of other nations.” The British had operated camps in South Africa, the Nazis pointed out. Party propagandists similarly highlighted the sufferings of Native Americans and Stalin’s slaughter in the Soviet Union. In 1943, Goebbels triumphantly broadcast news of the Katyn Forest massacre, in the course of which the Soviet secret police killed more than twenty thousand Poles. (Goebbels wanted to show footage of the mass graves, but generals overruled him.) Nazi sympathizers carry on this project today, alternately denying the Holocaust and explaining it away.

Sounds familiar.

Ništa bolje od članaka o Hitleru u dva ujutro :brainless: Ispričavam se nevinim dušama koje će na ovo kliknut možda ujutro. :D But in my defense, pročitala sam ovo relativno davno. Samo pokušavam apdejtat bazu jer mi se svi ti članci izgube u bespuću interneta, a bookmarksi su mi katastrofa.

Plus u ovome članku ima link na jedan o Youtubeu kao mjestu radikalizacije, taj je isto dobar.

How Anna Delvey Tricked New York's Party People

Ovaj mi članak iz nekog razloga ne želi otvorit, iako neki dan jest. Valjda ćete vi imat više sreće. Al najdraži mi je od svih koje sam pročitala lately.

Jordan Peterson, Custodian of the Patriarchy

Then there's this fucking guy. Počeo se pojavljivat među dežurnim debilima i antifeministima čak i kod nas. Pa ono, dopustite mu da diskvalificira samog sebe. Čisto da znate s čime imate posla.

Povezano: Who are the 'incels' and how do they relate to Toronto van attack?

Like many movements, including the alt-right and the pizzagate conspiracy, which were born from the anonymous message board 4Chan, the incel movement is steeped in a form of irony that makes it difficult to pin down which beliefs are true, which are held ironically, and whether the distinction ultimately matters, as the effect is the same.

The leaked style guide of the neo-Nazi site the Daily Stormer, which takes a similar approach, made the strategy explicit: “The unindoctrinated should not be able to tell if we are joking or not … This is obviously a ploy.”

Govorim to već godinama :roll: Ironija je mrtva.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 15 lip 2018 01:36

If You Want To Know How We Ended Up In A Cyber Dystopia, Read "Ready Player One"

Cline doubles down on the same theme in his subsequent 2015 book, the abysmal Armada, which is similarly devoted to imagining that nerds like him are the most important people in the world. The solipsism it requires to write two books in a row about this is both staggering and baffling, considering how firmly nerd culture — video games, computers, comic books — has moved into the mainstream, and the massive economic and cultural influence it wields. We don’t need to create fantasy worlds where nerds are some of the most powerful people in the world and their predilections are constantly catered to — they already are. And yet for so many influential men in games and tech, the personal mythology of the underdog persists, even when they have achieved power and wealth beyond imagining.

slika

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 15 lip 2018 01:47

Cloudy Logic

Whereas mass media tries to mass-produce standardized audiences, algorithmic media adapts to users—music-streaming services and Facebook’s Timeline algorithm “learn” what content optimizes individual users’ engagement and “tailor results according to user categorizations based on the observed web habits of ‘typical’ women and men,” Cheney-Lippold argues. Through this feedback loop of observation and adjustment, social media produce the identity categories—like “typical” men and women—it claims to merely observe.

Znam da ti algoritmi and shit ljudima zvuče ezoterično, al ovo je dosta jasno napisano i ne ide u nekakve tehničke detalje, samo analizira posljedice. Koje su dosta zanimljive. Super članak. Trebala bih ga opet u cijelosti pročitat.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 15 lip 2018 02:06

Is Antifa Counterproductive? White Nationalist Richard Spencer Would Beg To Differ.

Ono kad sami naciji priznaju da antifa taktike pale, a ljevica se hvata za bisere i muca o slobodi govora. :lol:

Speaking of which

Anti-Fascist Practice and Impossible Non-Violence

The media has a tendency, or at least an overused turn of phrase, when protests involve physical fights or property damage to state that events “turned violent.” This applies as much to Black Lives Matter protests, Occupy, Standing Rock or any other movement as it does to antifa action. I take issue with this violent “turn.” The error exists in the tacit suggestion that there was a situation of non-violence, or peace, from which to turn. To be clear: any circumstance in which cops take black life with impunity, any context in which it is still necessary to state that Black Lives Matter, or Trans Lives Matter, any further assault on the lives and lands of indigenous people, and any situation in which fascists can gather to preach hate and chant “blood and soil”—this is a background state of constant violence.

Antifa do not bring violence; the violence was there in the DNA of fascism and our world through which it permeates.

Mislim, cijeli članak je... :kokice:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 15 lip 2018 02:38

In the Land of Vendettas That Go On Forever

I had flown to the Balkans in late July 2017 to learn about blood feuds, or the ancient oaths of vendetta sworn between warring families and passed on from one generation to the next. The killing is concentrated in northern Albania—in the rural, often unreachable villages of the Accursed Mountains, and in the modern city of Shkodër, one of the oldest municipalities in southeastern Europe. Here, justice works like this: When a man is murdered, his family avenges his death by similarly executing either the killer himself or a male member of his clan. Sometimes, after a killing has been successfully vindicated, the feud is settled. Other times, the head of the family that initiated the feud, while admitting both sides are now ostensibly “equal,” nonetheless chooses to perpetuate the cycle by killing a second male from the avenging family. “In this way the feud might rage backwards and forwards for years or even generations, each family being in turn murderer and victim, hunter and hunted,” the Scottish anthropologist and ethnographer Margaret Hasluck writes in The Unwritten Law of Albania, one of the first accounts of the customary law of the Albanian highlands.

Crazy shit, man.

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 18 sij 2019 17:55

Missed connections NY; nije članak, kolumna ni esej, ali je praktički set rl crtica/kratkih priča. Onak, sve. Paleta emocija, paleta tekstova, taman za kišni dan.
Ima i drugih gradova, ali mi se čini da ny ima poseban flavour jer manje traže bilo koga, već imaju upikiranu osobu koju su znali, pa sad traže ili su se samo vidjeli/viđali negdje.
Lost Contact with Amanda (Brooklyn)
Hi,
I'm seeking to find a friend Amanda.
We shared daily contact for over a year both on phone and meeting each other.
You had lost a dear and caring uncle and you turned to me for comfort. We were close and I know I helped you at that time.
I had a phone problem and lost your number and email.
Please contact me at least to let me know you are doing ok
Pipe cleaner (BRONX)
Hi I'm a nice man looking to clean your pipe and get cleaned
He!

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 20 tra 2019 08:38

Mini TA tečaj za dž.
Solidan uvod u koncepte.
Sharing is caring.
Fucking triggered rn, preporučam.

call_me
Ja sam: lezbijka

Post Postao/la call_me » 29 tra 2019 03:38

reginald je napisao/la:
20 tra 2019 08:38
Mini TA tečaj za dž.
Solidan uvod u koncepte.
Sharing is caring.
Fucking triggered rn, preporučam.
:thumbup: hvala ti, sjajna preporuka!

talented miss cohen
כהן גדול

Post Postao/la talented miss cohen » 07 lip 2019 09:16

Ne znam koliko je / će biti zanimljivo ali je značajno.

Zašto sam glasala protiv zaključka o podizanju spomenika žrtvama Holokausta

Usred Zagreba i Hrvatske želi se podići spomenik u znak sjećanja na šest milijuna Židova stradalih u Holokaustu u Europi, dok se u ovoj zemlji ni iz takozvanih liberalnih krugova ne podiže čak ni ideja za spomenik svim žrtvama ustaškog režima, za spomenik žrtvama ustaškog masovno provedenog etničkog čišćenja nehrvatskog stanovništva: Srba, Roma i Židova. Hrvatska se treba prvo suočiti s potpunom istinom o svojoj prošlosti, a ne zamagljivati je skrivajući se iza nacista i drugih počinitelja Holokausta, jer to je zapravo jasan motiv ovoga kompromisa s podizanjem spomenika koji zamagljuje istinu.

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 19 srp 2019 08:41

ADIDAS: Tell us about ur training regimen ?

GRIMES: My training is a 360 approach. I first maintain a healthy cellular routine where I maximize the function of my mitochondria with supplements such as NAD+, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Magnesium, etc. This helps promote ATP and it’s incredibly visceral. From that point I spend 2-4 hours in my deprivation tank, this allows me to “astro-glide” to other dimensions - past, present, and future.
In the afternoons I do a 1-2 hour sword fighting session with my trainer, James Lew, we go over the fundamentals that work the obliques, core stabilizes, and triceps as well as a few tricks. To wind down from this I spend 30-45 minutes on an inclined hike at roughly 4-4.5 miles per hour, arguably the most efficient workout.

I then spend 45 minutes stretching before heading into the studio where my mind and body are functioning at peak level, with a neuroplastic goal between 57.5 and 71.5 AphC’s (which is my preferred range for my blood type). I’ve outfitted my studio with the highest grade of red light. It is pretty much 1000 sqf IR Sauna.
Hana then comes over and we do a screaming session for 20-25 minutes while I slow boil the honey tea that maximizes vocal proficiency.

I have also eliminated all blue light from my vision through an experimental surgery that removes the top film of my eyeball and replaces it with an orange ultra-flex polymer that my friend and I made in the lab this past winter as a means to cure seasonal depression.

I go to bed with a humidifier on.

#asmc #adidasparley #createdwithadidas #gentrifymordor
11/10
Moj novi idol u shitpostingu.
Ne znam jel luda ili samo jebeni genije (probs former), ali ja želim ženit ovu osobu, I swear.
+
Isuse, koliko sam brutalno okej s tim da sam stavila instagram post u temu koja se zove 'Zanimljivi članci, kolumne i eseji (nevezano za LGBT)'. Onak, nenormalno okej s tim.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 19 srp 2019 12:38

E i ja sam to vidjela al mislila sam da je to neko izmislio? 🤔😂

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 20 srp 2019 08:12

Tehnički, Grimes je to izmislila.
Uzeto ravno s izvora, burki. A gdje je njen izvor---> to ni đava ne zna.
+
Isuse, još uvijek ne znam koji mi je najdraži dio. Možda astro glajdanje po prošlosti, budućnosti i sadašnjosti :')))))))))))))))))))
Ne, ne. Ne znam. Sve je toliko genijalno. Ona je faking copyrighter. Da je to jedino što imam o nekome, def bi dobio posao i odmah najvišu plaću u firmi.

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 15 kol 2019 07:40

Oh wow for real?
The church of bleach, thooo! Baš jel me jebeš moment, ono <3
Ma ne znam više, jebote, ali ne, nije boring dystopia. This world we live in, amirite.

degenereginald
cryptid

Post Postao/la degenereginald » 17 tra 2020 21:47

https://slobodnadalmacija.hr/vijesti/hr ... ca-1016697

Koji obrat, nekak mi baš paše skroz uz ova globalna događanja koja su inače jedino što zamjećujem posvuda. Usputna priča. Mini reklama pauza od života. Što će reć, nije toliko do članka koliko do konteksta, ali šta sad, let me live.

Odgovorite