Zanimljivi članci, kolumne i eseji (nevezano za LGBT)

Sve što je vrijedno čitanja, gledanja i slušanja podijelite s nama ili pak iznesite svoje žestoke kritike istog.
ariadne
hladan tuš
Spol/rod: žensko

Re: Zanimljivi članci, kolumne i eseji (nevezano za LGBT)

Post Postao/la ariadne » 12 kol 2016 19:26

Hollywood Has Ruined Method Acting

Preach. Leov Oscar je ni za što, mučio se toliko samo da bi slagao patničke face u closeupovima. The Revenanta tak i tak treba gledat samo radi kinematografije. Leova pljuvačka na bradi dok glumi kak se pati, not so much. GTFOver yourself.
Ye ever wanty just wrap yersel up in tin foil nice and cosy and then just fucking get right inty the microwave and blow yersel up tae fuck

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 02 ruj 2016 08:40

mi imamo sve što nam treba,
prostor od zemlje pa do neba...

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 02 ruj 2016 16:02

When this is over, you will have nothing that you want

Koja brutala :mukajezeva: Bed mi je bilo čitat malo :mukajezeva:
Ye ever wanty just wrap yersel up in tin foil nice and cosy and then just fucking get right inty the microwave and blow yersel up tae fuck

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 02 ruj 2016 22:49

How Fox News women took down the most powerful, and predatory, man in media.
Of all the people who might have brought down Ailes, the former Fox & Friends anchor Gretchen Carlson was among the least likely. A 50-year-old former Miss America, she was the archetypal Fox anchor: blonde, right-wing, proudly anti-intellectual. A memorable Daily Show clip showed Carlson saying she needed to Google the words czar and ignoramus. But television is a deceptive medium. Off-camera, Carlson is a Stanford- and Oxford-educated feminist who chafed at the culture of Fox News. When Ailes made harassing comments to her about her legs and suggested she wear tight-fitting outfits after she joined the network in 2005, she tried to ignore him. But eventually he pushed her too far. When Carlson complained to her supervisor in 2009 about her co-host Steve Doocy, who she said condescended to her on and off the air, Ailes responded that she was “a man hater” and a “killer” who “needed to get along with the boys.”
:fuj: :fuj:

Moloko
Ja sam: ne želim se identificirati

Post Postao/la Moloko » 13 ruj 2016 21:42

"Koliko me je tko tražio, toliko me je i otkrio. Koliko me otkrio, toliko me je zaslužio. I dajem sve, tek kad ima tko da sve i ponese."

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 26 ruj 2016 18:44

The creation of the Toast and the power of internet friendship
No one from the internet has ever murdered me. No one has ever murdered me, full stop, for which I’m extremely grateful, but I’m particularly gratified that I have never been murdered by anyone I’ve met from the internet, as that was a real concern for those of us who grew up in the freewheeling AOL chat rooms of the late ’90s and early aughts. Chat rooms seemed to children of the 1990s as New York seemed to Midwesterners in the 1980s: a carnival of murderers trawling for prey. No one, the thinking went, was who they said they were online; 90 percent of instant messages were exchanged between murderers trying to convince one another to buy a ticket to Chicago, all of them blissfully unaware they were talking to fellow murderers with the identically murderous intentions.
Zbilja obožavam Malloryn način pisanja. :inlove:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 29 ruj 2016 12:41

Why Capitalism Creates Pointless Jobs
This is a profound psychological violence here. How can one even begin to speak of dignity in labour when one secretly feels one’s job should not exist? How can it not create a sense of deep rage and resentment. Yet it is the peculiar genius of our society that its rulers have figured out a way, as in the case of the fish-fryers, to ensure that rage is directed precisely against those who actually do get to do meaningful work. For instance: in our society, there seems a general rule that, the more obviously one’s work benefits other people, the less one is likely to be paid for it. Again, an objective measure is hard to find, but one easy way to get a sense is to ask: what would happen were this entire class of people to simply disappear? Say what you like about nurses, garbage collectors, or mechanics, it’s obvious that were they to vanish in a puff of smoke, the results would be immediate and catastrophic. A world without teachers or dock-workers would soon be in trouble, and even one without science fiction writers or ska musicians would clearly be a lesser place. It’s not entirely clear how humanity would suffer were all private equity CEOs, lobbyists, PR researchers, actuaries, telemarketers, bailiffs or legal consultants to similarly vanish. (Many suspect it might markedly improve.) Yet apart from a handful of well-touted exceptions (doctors), the rule holds surprisingly well.
:cookie4u:

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 29 ruj 2016 13:52

Odavno nisam pročitala nešto zanimljivije od ovog članka i linkova na druge članke koji su u njemu. A nisam još ni završila. Pisanje baš po mom guštu, edukativno, informirano, zanimljivo, humoristično. Geekica u meni je oduŠEVLJENA.

SpaceX’s Big Fucking Rocket – The Full Story

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 29 ruj 2016 16:54

Time Capsules
An hour is always the same length, yet an hour in the park on a Sunday seems to breeze by while an hour at work on a Monday ticks past so slowly that you could swear the clock was frozen. That feeling of sheer impossibility at the stubbornness of measurement is the sensation of the difference between time and duration: time being the division of events into discrete units of identical length, and duration being the condition of perception. Continuity is pure temporality; duration is behind time, it is infinity itself. To perceive a strain on continuity is to feel time overcoding and compressing duration, even as it resists. That last hour of work on a Friday crawls with painful slowness, but it’s not over until the clock tells you it is, even if you’re absolutely convinced it’s been 90 minutes.
:brainless: :faint:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 06 lis 2016 16:44

I'm sorry my political correctness is getting in the way of your racism

:lol:

Tfw se nađeš u situaciji kad se smatra gorim to što te netko nazove rasistom nego činjenica da si rasist. Ah, ljudi. :inlove:

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 06 lis 2016 16:56

^
:touched:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 27 lis 2016 09:10

Undercover look at the right-wing militia movement

Fits nicely with Trolls for Trump.

Možda djeluju različito, ali underlying problem je potpuno isti, samo su načini na koje se s njime nose na različitim mjestima na skali.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 30 lis 2016 13:32

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 30 stu 2016 17:49

What Was the Nerd?
The myth of the bullied white outcast loner is helping fuel a fascist resurgence

Though the old cultural right still makes up much of Trump’s voting base, the intelligence-fetishizing “rationalists” of the new far right, keyboard warriors who love pedantic argument and rhetorical fallacies are the shock troops of the new fascism. These disgruntled nerds feel victimized by a thwarted meritocracy that has supposedly been torn down by SJWs and affirmative action. Rather than shoot-from-the-hip Christians oppressed by book-loving coastal elites, these nerds see themselves silenced by anti-intellectual politically correct censors, cool kids, and hipsters who fear true rational debate.
Ovo je doslovno svaki debil s kojim sam se ikad svađala o feminizmu il ičem sličnom, tak da ne mora bit nužno nerd ni Amerikanac, a bome ni muško, iako je sa ženama potpuno drugi ballgame. :lol:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 01 pro 2016 18:22

Danas je World AIDS Day, pa evo onda nešto LGBT-themed svejedno.

Survival Guides
We didn’t have traditions to draw on: Our families of origin in far too many cases disowned us, and pop culture and media ignored or mocked us. Many of us hadn’t met anyone else like us until we were adults, believing as children and teenagers that we were all alone. We had to imagine ourselves, and our tools, into being. This time of fear and threat pushed us out of the closet, instigating a massive political and cultural revolution.

Networks of support dreamed up in living rooms and on dance floors evolved into hospices, high schools for queer teenagers, health clinics, film festivals, churches and synagogues, Pride marches, party circuits, and advocacy groups. Within the span of a few decades, institutions were built from scratch, funded from the proceeds of drag shows and club nights. Spontaneous vigils and rallies advertised by leaflets and phone trees grew into sophisticated political lobbying efforts that now have staff and offices. Ad hoc volunteer campaigns to pass out condoms in bars and parks evolved into safer sex education programs. New York and Chicago’s Black and Latinx underground drag balls created alternate family units and developed a uniquely queer art form. Gay and lesbian writers penned a canon of novels, poems and plays.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 05 pro 2016 21:34

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 07 pro 2016 12:43

'I saw my fear': How psychedelic therapy is making a comeback
Vrlo slična iskustva sam imala s halucinogenim drogama, prvenstveno gljivama, nerijetko naprave neki klik u glavi koji te posloži. I čini mi se da bi to nekim ljudima moglo pomoći da se odblokiraju od strahova. Dakako, kad bi konzumacija bila legalna i u kontroliranim uvjetima pod pratnjom stručne osobe.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 21 pro 2016 10:39

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 31 pro 2016 13:09

Religious Beliefs Activate Neural Reward Circuits in Same Way As Sex and Drugs
Religious and spiritual experiences activate the brain reward circuits in much the same way as love, sex, gambling, drugs and music, report researchers at the University of Utah School of Medicine.

napokon moj život u cijelosti ima smisla. :D

Moloko
Ja sam: ne želim se identificirati

Post Postao/la Moloko » 01 sij 2017 22:02

"Koliko me je tko tražio, toliko me je i otkrio. Koliko me otkrio, toliko me je zaslužio. I dajem sve, tek kad ima tko da sve i ponese."

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 09 sij 2017 21:37

Film Crit Hulk SMASH: Martin Scorsese Will Let You Be Wrong

Moj najdraži filmski kritičar. :inlove:
I talk about this all the time, but what I'm fascinated by what actually convinces people to change their minds. I look at a culture wrapped in dead-lock. I spend much of my time writing arguments. I often look inward at myself. And what always seems most effective is when people make the best possible argument for the opposition and then still have it crash upon the rocks of a greater truth. People often discuss "what is the most important movie ever made?" and when it comes to actual impact, my answer is always Kieslowski's masterpiece A Short Film about Killing (the extension of "thou shalt not kill" from The Decalogue). The film is about capital punishment within the justice system, and there are so many arguments that can be levied at faults of that system, from the fact that we've killed innocent people, to how we treat the mentally ill, to even the punishment of crimes of passion. But instead of taking any of those tactics, instead of pointing at all the obvious problems with the system, the film depicts capital punishment at its most justified. There's a murder at the hands of a true psychopath. The kind of guy who throws rocks onto passing cars. He murders a cab driver for no reason. He is simply driven to do it. He is arrested for it. He admits what he has done. He is very aware of what he has done. No good will come from him existing. In other words, he is everything the death penalty advocates. But he's also a human being. He is a human being in the simplest, most organic ways that all human beings are. He has his own personal cares, even if warped, and a history behind him. And so his lawyer draws the basic parallel, that to add to any act of murder with more murder is to engage in the same basic act of cruelty. There is no deeper reason for it. It is always undeserved in its severity. But as stirring as his argument is, the lawyer's pleas do not work. The system says it is so. And so this young man is hung in a sequence so simple and obvious in its inhumanity, that even the loss of this unrepentant murderer feels like just that, a loss... and so it shakes us to our core. Thus the film's argument rests not in the obvious injustices, but in how it made the best possible case for a man who deserved to die. But shouldn't have... This is everything for a viewer. When there's no deeper place to go, that's when we finally turn inward and examine ourselves. As such, it is not only one of the most powerful films I've ever seen, it was actually instrumental in getting the death penalty overturned in Poland. The effect was undeniable. This is what convinces us.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 03 vel 2017 23:13

SPLC 2015:

American Racists Work to Spread ‘Identitarian’ Ideology
A more substantial effort is coming from the National Policy Institute (NPI), whose chief Richard Spencer edits the racist Radix journal and recently held an Identitarian essay contest for writers under the age of 30. Radix describes itself as working to preserve the “heritage, identity and future of European people in the United States and around the world.”

Spencer, like other Identitarians, seeks to portray his style of ethnonationalist regionalism as the very soul of diversity. “Identitarianism acknowledges the incommensurable nature of different peoples and cultures,” he writes, “and thus looks forward to a world of true diversity and multiculturalism.”
2017:
slika

slika

That escalated quickly. :lol:

Zabrinuti su zbog globalizacije i prisilnog miješanja nekompatibilnih kultura LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. If it walks like a Nazi, looks like a Nazi and talks like a Nazi, it's a fucking Nazi. I usput rečeno, mislim da je vrijeme za rigorozniju etiku. Sure, svi su deklarativno antifa, al kad je vrijeme za stat iza svojih riječi i uzgojit kralježnicu onda... eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dijelimo ukus u glazbi, ne moramo pričat o politici, jako je awkward za sve. Ekčual latentni (i manje latentni) nacisti su promolili svoje odvratne glave otkad se sve ovo desilo a JA sam ta koja je nerazumna i previše emotivna jer sam eto nekog lika na fejsbuku poslala u pizdu materinu glupu i zbrisala ga jer mi piše apologetske traktate po feedu. :lol:

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 09 vel 2017 18:21

Meet Antifa, the Most Reasonable People in America
A “concern troll” is someone who pretends to share a group’s goals, for the sole purpose of complaining about their tactics. Faced with anti-fascists in the streets breaking windows and Nazi faces, liberal pundits have gone full concern-troll.
Sounds familiar, no?

Podsjeća me malo na ovo:
And they all say the same thing: "I agree with everything you said, but I don't know if I would use the same tone." Huh. How about that. The question then immediately becomes: What is it that you approve of, then? What is it that you support? That, by the way, is the work of genealogy: to find the way in which expression of value (eg, good/bad) correspond with systemic formations. Either you don't think exploitation is worth getting upset about; or you DO think the system is bad, but not bad enough to change. Again: regulation of affect isn't about the person's relation to their own feelings. It about those feelings' effect in the social field. When you "agree" with argument but not with intensity, what you're saying is: don't let your intensity exceed a system's capacity to ignore. Which in turn is another way of saying: don't threaten your own ability to be assimilated into and benefit from the system. And that is the exact point I have been harping on, for about a decade now, when I talk about the intersection of politics and privilege. Change is an idea, not an instruction manual. You can't know for sure what the outcome or end point of change will be. Which means *any serious commitment to change MUST account for the possibility of losing your advantages under the current system.* Duh? A call for change that stops short of any possibility that someone important will get upset is not politics, it's public relations.
Plus, na nešto što sam negdje pročitala, da ne možete kapitalističkim sustavom vrijednost ljudskog života poistovjetit s njegovom sposobnošću da proizvede materijalnu dobit i onda se čudit kad ti ljudi materijalnu dobit počnu uništavat u protestu protiv tog istog sustava. Matematika. Starbucks može preživjet bez kojeg prozora, ko im jebe mater.

Also. Dost zgodan presjek antifašističke tradicije/politike/metoda.

Anti-Fascists Will Fight Trump’s Fascism in the Streets
At the end of November, the Southern Poverty Law Center released a report documenting nearly 900 separate incidents of bias and violence against immigrants, Latinos, African Americans, women, LGBT people, Muslims and Jews in the ten days that followed Trump’s win.

Aaaaaaaaand, od iste autorice,

How the shooting of an anti-racist activist exposes a disturbing double standard

Digla se prašina jer su onom kretenu zabranili održavanje rasističkog govora i zapalili koju kantu, a netko je od Trumpovaca tamo doslovce upucao jednog prosvjednika, al tog nije bilo u medijima. :shakinghead:

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 10 vel 2017 08:35

Does the Sound of Noisy Eating Drive You Mad? Here's Why

nisam znala da je to ekšual poremećaj:
Misophonia, a disorder which means sufferers have a hatred of sounds such as eating, chewing, loud breathing or even repeated pen-clicking, was first named as a condition in 2001.
Over the years, scientists have been skeptical about whether or not it constitutes a genuine medical ailment, but now new research led by a team at the U.K.'s Newcastle University has proven that those with misophonia have a difference in their brain's frontal lobe to non-sufferers.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 16 vel 2017 14:46

slapa je napisao/la:'I saw my fear': How psychedelic therapy is making a comeback
Vrlo slična iskustva sam imala s halucinogenim drogama, prvenstveno gljivama, nerijetko naprave neki klik u glavi koji te posloži. I čini mi se da bi to nekim ljudima moglo pomoći da se odblokiraju od strahova. Dakako, kad bi konzumacija bila legalna i u kontroliranim uvjetima pod pratnjom stručne osobe.
naletila na još jedan članak na ovu temu. sklizak je teren ali bilo bi super da se u znanstvene svrhe mogu provesti kvalitetna psihijatarska istraživanja utjecaja ovog tipa droga na mozak i neke određene bolesti.

Financial Times: Scientist David Nutt on the medical benefits of psychedelic drugs
Different parts of the brain are like different instruments with a conductor pulling them into accord. People can get “locked” into a way of thinking, becoming inwardly fixated on cleanliness (OCD) or negativity (depression). Psychedelics knock out the conductor.
Unlike drugs that just target depression, psychedelics could be used for an array of maladies not well-served by current medicine, such as helping people come to terms with dying. In trials at Johns Hopkins University in the US, cancer patients receiving a single dose of psilocybin experienced immediate and dramatic reductions in anxiety and depression, lasting six months.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 21 vel 2017 21:01

Why time management is ruining our lives
All of our efforts to be more productive backfire – and only make us feel even busier and more stressed
by Oliver Burkeman
Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 24 vel 2017 21:41

Članak star mjesec dana.

What Happens Now?
Why Fascism Depends on Your Arrogance

Fascism counts on you. Not on your support. But on your denial. Should you deny one of history’s simplest and clearest facts — that fascism always proceeds in much the same way — then it does not need your cheering. It already has your impotence.
Veliki vođa je danas zabranio New York Timesu, CNN-u i Politicu pristup glasnogovorniku Bijele kuće. A fringe right outleti su dobili dopuštenje.

Tak da kad kažem "fašizam" onda to i mislim i iskreno me šokira količina ljudi koji misle da sam luda ili inexplicably još uvijek smišljaju izgovore. Stay away from those people. U neko vrijeme su se zvali kolaboracionistima i simpatizerima. Da, Amerika je daleko od nas, al lijepo je znat što možete očekivat od ljudi oko vas when push comes to shove. God forbid.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 25 vel 2017 17:10

The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine
There’s a new automated propaganda machine driving global politics. How it works and what it will mean for the future of democracy.

slapa
i'm watching u

Post Postao/la slapa » 01 ožu 2017 10:46

ariadne
hladan tuš

Post Postao/la ariadne » 02 tra 2017 10:43

The Gig Economy Celebrates Working Yourself to Death

slika
At the root of this is the American obsession with self-reliance, which makes it more acceptable to applaud an individual for working himself to death than to argue that an individual working himself to death is evidence of a flawed economic system. The contrast between the gig economy’s rhetoric (everyone is always connecting, having fun, and killing it!) and the conditions that allow it to exist (a lack of dependable employment that pays a living wage) makes this kink in our thinking especially clear. Human-interest stories about the beauty of some person standing up to the punishments of late capitalism are regular features in the news, too. I’ve come to detest the local-news set piece about the man who walks ten or eleven or twelve miles to work—a story that’s been filed from Oxford, Alabama; from Detroit, Michigan; from Plano, Texas. The story is always written as a tearjerker, with praise for the person’s uncomplaining attitude; a car is usually donated to the subject in the end. Never mentioned or even implied is the shamefulness of a job that doesn’t permit a worker to afford his own commute.

Odgovorite